Lessons from my time with Anthony Robbins
I was with Anthony Robbins over the weekend and he shared a lot with me, it was hours of learning from him. And as he shared all he knew with me I thought of you and I knew I had to share with you all that I learned from the best coach in the world.
I wrote it down in summary and it would take you just a few minutes to read.
Don’t thank me; share it with your friend.
A consistent man believes in destiny, a capricious man in chance
Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives. Controlled focus is like a laser beam that can cut through anything that seems to be stopping you.
Three elementary principles of change
- Raise your standards: Yes, now that you have raised them, please write them down. Know what you can no longer tolerate, and what you demand of yourself.
- Change your Limiting beliefs: we must develop a sense of certainty that we can and will meet the new standards before we actually do.
- Change your strategy: once you believe the first two, you certainly will find a strategy. But, a role model makes your work easier.
“Lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough, Take Action!!!”
Area of your Life you need to gain mastery over
- Emotional Mastery: virtually everything we do is to change the way we feel.
- Physical Mastery: we are digging our graves with our teeth as we continue to cram our bodies with high fat, nutritionally empty foods, and poison our system with cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs and sit passively in front of our TV sets. Do better.
- Relationship Mastery: other than mastering your own emotions and physical health, there is nothing I think of that is more important than learning to master your relationships; romantic, family, business and social. The resource of a good relationship opens the doors to every other resource you may need.
- Financial Mastery: To forge a financial destiny of abundance you will need to first learn how to change what causes scarcity in your life and then how to experience on a consistent basis, the values, beliefs, and emotions that are essential to experiencing wealth and holding on to it and expanding it.
- Time mastery: Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade. A masterpiece takes time, but do we know how to manipulate to become our ally rather than an enemy.
“Repetition is the mother of skill”
Author: Victor Adeyemo
Victor Adeyemo is a Leadership and high performance coach, an Event decorator and MC. He is the team leader of Leaders Digest