Fearless is an attitude that can be cultivated, My friends have found a way to make me watch movies, entering into the university I could count the numbers of movies I’ve watched but speaking right now I’ve watched a lot of movies, and I’ve lost count, I have a particular friend whose approach was to talk to me in movies, he would relate every scenario to me with movies, and most of the movies I loved are those with fearless Heroes, they always achieve more than the fearful ones and I think I want my life to relate to that word, FEARLESS.
the title didn’t say fear less as they are quite different, fearless is different from fear less, dictionary defines fear as an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger, another defined it as an unpleasant emotion caused by threat of danger or pain.
When we say fearless it means a lack of fear, meaning your response to danger or pain is Faith, not fear as the opposite of fear is faith, but when you say fear less it means a reduction of fear, a decrease in fear probably if you feared at a rate of 80% but when you fear less if reduces to like 60%. But when you talk of fearless it means fear is completely eliminated to 0%.
In the Book FEARLESS Max Lucado identified different situations that can arise fear in our everyday life, and He has written it in plain everyday and relatable language. You can relate to every chapter in the book, as a student, as a teacher, as a businessman, as an employee whatever situation you are in.
The summary of the Book by Max
1. Why Are you afraid? What if faith, not fear was your default reactions to threats?
2. The Villagers of Stiltville: fear of not mattering.
3.God’s ticked off at me: fear of disappointing God.”yes, we have disappointed God. But, God has not abandoned us”.
4.woe, be gone: fear of running out. Worry Is the darkroom where negatives become glossy prints, worry accomplishes nothing.
5. My child is in danger: fear of not protecting my kids. Appropriate discipline is an expression of love.
6. I’m sinking fast: fear of overwhelming challenges ” feed your fears, and your faith will starve. Feed your faith and your fears will starve”
7. There is a dragon in my closet: fear of worst-case scenario. What’s your worst fear?
8. This brutal planet: fear of violence. “courage emerges, not from increased police security, but from enhanced spiritual maturity”
9. Make-believe money: fear of the coming winter. Accumulation of wealth is a popular defense against fear, and God does not want His children to to trust money.
10. Scared to Death: fear of life’s final moments.
11. Caffeinated life: fear of what’s next.
12. The shadow of a doubt: fear that God is not real.
13. What if things gets worse: fear of global calamity. “Courage is fear that has said its prayers” everything will work out in the end. If it’s not working out, it’s not the end.
14. The one healthy terror: fear of God getting out of my box. Boxes bring order to our world, but falls short when it comes to explaining people. And when it comes to defining Christ, no box works.
What if we could live without fear, like the super heroes in the movies we wacth, wonder woman was one, that lady fought a god, and yup she became the hero.
Feed your faith; starve your fears.
Get the book and have a good read