Day 5 and the good news is, we are making progress, thanks for all the comments and for sharing the links.
How to learn from your failure and mistakes:
To turn losses into profits, ask the following questions every time you face adversity:
- What caused the failure: the situation, someone else, or self? You cannot find out what you can do unless you do all you can to find out what went wrong. Always begin the learning process by trying to identify the cause of a problem.
- Was what happened truly a failure, or did I just fall short? What you think is your fault may have been an attempt to fulfill unrealistic expectations. It doesn’t matter whether you place them on yourself or someone else does; if a goal is unrealistic and you miss it, that’s not a failure.
- What success are contained in failure? The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. “A realist is an idealist who has gone through the fire and been purified. A skeptic is an idealist who has gone through the fire and been burned” Warren Wiersbe
- What can I learn from what happened? “Adversity is the first path to truth” Lord Bryon “I learned more from the one restaurant that didn’t work than from the ones that were successes” Restarateur Wolfgang Puck
- Am I grateful for the experience ?one way to maintain a teachable mind-set is to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. Before you can actually be a good winner, you must know how to lose.
- How can I turn this into a success? ” if there is any single factor that makes for success in living, it is the ability to draw dividends from defeat” Williams Marston . If you’re willing to try, you can often salvage something of value from any disaster
- Who can help me with this issue? There are two kinds of learning: EXPERIENCE: Which is gained from your own mistakes and WISDOM: which is learned from the mistakes of others.mlearning from others is highly recommended. Seek advice, but make sure it’s from someone who has successfully handled his failures.
- Where do I go from here? “Learning is defined as a change in behavior. You haven’t learned a thing until you can take actions and use it” Don Shuala and Ken Blanchard
Determining what went wrong in a situation has value. But taking that analysis another step and figuring out how to use it to benefit is the real difference maker when it comes to failing forward.