Thanks for staying put on us despite the short break
This week we will be reviewing a book by John C. Maxwell
Feel free to leave your comments as we are all looking forward to learn
FAILING FORWARD by John C. Maxwell
To succeed a person needs only four things and that is to be REAL
1. Relationships: the greatest skill needed for success is the ability to get along with other people. Relationships make or break you.
2. Equipping: those closest to you determine your level of success. If your dreams are great, you achieve them with a great team.
3. Attitude: your attitude determines how you approach life day to day, your attitude more than your aptitude with determine your altitude.
4. Leadership: everything rises and falls on leadership, if you desire to enhance your personal effectiveness, the only way to do it is to increase your leadership skills.
Misconceptions about failures
✔️ people think failure is avoidable; it’s not
✔️ people think failure is an event; it’s not! It’s a process, just as success is a journey not a destination.
✔️ people think failure is objective; it’s not
✔️ people think failure is the enemy; it’s not
✔️ people think failure is irreversible; it’s not
“You are the only one who can label yourself as a failure, 3 steps forward and 2 step backward still equals 1 step forward”
” the fellow who never makes a mistake, takes his orders from one who does” Herbert Brocknow
It doesn’t matter how much milk you spill, as long as you don’t lose your cow. The only problem come when you see only the spilled milk and not the bigger picture( the cow).
✔️ people think failure is a stigma; it’s not
✔️ people think that failure is final; it’s not
Failure is simply the price you pay for progress.
7 Abilities needed to fail forward
1. Achievers reject rejection: rather than say ‘I am a failure’ they say ” I missed that one”” I made a mistake”
2. Achievers see failure as temporary.
3. See failure as isolated incidents: when achievers fail, they see it as a momentary event, not a life-long epidemic
4. Achievers keep expectations realistic:
5. Achievers focus on Strength: what distinguishes winners from losers is that winners concentrate at all times on what they can do, not on what they can’t.
6. Achievers vary approaches to achievement: keep trying and changing until you find something that works for you.
7. Achievers bounce back: All achievers have in common is the ability to bounce back after an error, mistakes or failure.