Top 10 ways people get in their own way
- Poor people skills: if you haven’t learned how to get along with people, you will always be fighting a battle to succeed. However, making people skills will take you further than any other skill you develop. People like to do business with people they like.
- A Negative Attitude: Two men looked from prison bars, one saw mud, the other saw stars. Change your perspective. If your circumstances constantly get you down, then maybe it’s time for a change- not in your situation, but in your attitude.
- A bad fit: evaluate yourself and your situations. If there is a poor fit, think about making a change.
- Lack of Focus: bad things happen when a person does not focus. Anybody can make an honest mistake when things are hectic. But people lacking focus have trouble not because they are too busy, but because their perspective are out of whack. And that waste their time and resources.
- A weak commitment: The time you failed, did you stop trying because you failed, or did you fail because you stopped trying? What’s your level of commitment ? If you’re committed a failure doesn’t mean that you’ll never succeed.
- An unwillingness to change: some people seem to b in love with the past that they can’t deal with the present. When you horse is dead, for goodness sake, Dismount!!
- A shortcut Mindset: a common obstacle to success is the desire to cut corners and take the short road to success. But shortcuts never pay offin the long run. Cutting corners is really a sign of impatience and poor self discipline. “The common denominator of success lies in forming the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do” Albert Gray
- Relying on Talent alone: talent is overrated. Not because it doesn’t have value, but because talent alone is not enough to take a person through the multiple failures that life brings. Adding a strong work ethic to talent is like pouring gasoline on a fire.its explosive! ” even Ar best, talent remains constant, and those who rely on that gift alone, without developing further, peak quickly and soon fade to obscurity” Ted Orland
- A response to poor information: ” expect only 5% of an intelligence report to be accurate. The trick of a good commander is to isolate that 5%” General Douglas Mac Arthur
- No goals : “ours is a world where people don’t know what they want and are willing to go through hell to get it” Don Marquis. Joe Griffith believe Goals are dreams with time limit. If you can discover the weakness that weakens you, then you can start doing something about it. And that can change your life.
Nothing worth achieving comes easy. The only way to fail forward and achieve your dreams is to cultivate TENACITY and PERSISTENCE. These qualities can be learned partly by developing the habit of following through on your commitments, even when you don’t feel like it.
Author: Victor Adeyemo
Victor Adeyemo is a Leadership and high performance coach, an Event decorator and MC. He is the team leader of Leaders Digest