Breaking away from Failure
Look at an area in your life where you have repeatedly failed, and do the following.
1 Examine your expectations for that area: write them down, are they realistic? Did you succeed at the first try? Adjust your expectations.
2 Find new ways to do your work: brainstorm at least 20 new approaches, and then try half of them.
3 Focus on your strength
4 Vow to bounce back
“Fear makes come true, that which one is afraid of” Viktor Frankl
Six Excellent quotes on failing forward
1. “Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility…..in the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people have is the ability to take on responsibility” Michael Korda
2. “Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, but to get ahead of ourselves-to break our own records, to outstrip our yesterday by our today” Stewart B. Johnson
3. ” it is easy to dodge our responsibilities. But we cannot dodge the consequences of our responsibilities ” Sir Joseph Stamp
4. ” failure is an inside job, so is success. You can’t let the failure outside y get inside you” John C. Maxwell
5. ” too many people, when they make a mistake just keep stubbornly plowing ahead and end up repeating the same mistakes. I believe the motto ‘try and try again’. But the way I read it is ‘try, then stop and think. Then try again’” William Dean Singleton
6. “Ninety percent (90%) of all those who fail are not just actually defeated. They simply quit” Paul J. Meyer
The problem of people’s past impact them in one of two ways: they experience either a breakdown or a breakthrough
Signs of a breakdown
1 Comparison: Believing and talking about how much harder you’ve had it than anyone else.
2 Rationalization: Believing that there are good reasons not to get over past difficulties.
3 Isolation: Withdrawing due to past difficulties
4 Regret: A major hindrance to living life in the present, it saps people’s energy.
5 Bitterness: People who don’t get beyond the problems or the pain of the past eventually become bitter.
“People do not have to remain victims of their pasts, but when they do, they become prisoners of their own emotions” Wes Roberts
Today’s challenge: say something nice to a stranger
Author: Victor Adeyemo
Victor Adeyemo is a Leadership and high performance coach, an Event decorator and MC. He is the team leader of Leaders Digest