1. Handle problems as opportunity to learn
Don’t tell your problem to people, most of them don’t care and the remaining are glad you re in them.
How do you overcome and turn them to opportunities for learning
* Anticipate the problem: I was in awe the first time I had a failed and I wept, it left me down for a while, but not anymore.
* Do communicate the problem: Don’t mistake this for sharing or
* Evaluate the problem: I’m sure we’ve heard the saying, don’t cry over spilt milk. Always ask yourself, What’s the way forward?
* Appreciate the problem : yes it may have come as a problem, but hey, it could be a blessing in disguise.
2. Bad experiences are another perspective to learning
Accept your humanness: humans like me and you are prone to mistakes and it’s a sign we are leaning, so instead of seeing bad experiences as a evil, see it as another opportunity to learn
Learn to laugh at yourself: I think I do this a lot, “laughter is like changing a baby’s diaper- it doesn’t permanently solve the problem, but it does make things more acceptable for a while”
Don’t give up: like a song writer said “Don’t you ever give up” nobody achieves anything valuable by giving up
3. Change is just the price for learning
Every significant change comes with new experiences and lessons, pick the lessons and learn from it.
What kind of change are we talking about here?
* Change yourself: it is in the human nature to look for fault in others and minimize our own, but you can’t grow like this
* Change your attitude: trying to change others is an exercise in futility. No man can change another man, it you can sure change your own attitude.
* Change your non growing friends: yes! Your friends will either stretch you or choke you, choose wisely
* Change your thoughts : Determine to live differently than average people