“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.”
Matthew 5:14-16 MSG
I hope you are having a filled weekend
The Bible from the above scripture is urging us as christians to let out light so shine that our father in Heaven is glorified.
Let your life reflect his glory and in turn bring people to God. We are his ambassadors here on earth and we are meant to reflect his power and glory, his light.
Ways your light can shine
1. In your Character : We should possess an enviable Character We should live our life in such a way that unbelievers want our life, not the other way round. They see the light of God shining in our everyday life, the way we talk, relate with others, even the way you dress, I’m in dismay when I see believers dress abysmally. Dress well, look Good. In your conduct and the way you behave at work, school etc let it glorify God.
2. In your Boldness : Boldness cannot be over emphasized, boldness is contagious you can feel you, you either have it or you don’t. It is with boldness you can share scriptures and invite people to Church. Be bold and take charge of your circumstances, it’s not cool or biblical to be timid, we are meant to be humble and meek, not stupid.
If truly you have been with Jesus, listening to His teaching and following his recipe for success you would be Bold just like in Peter and John Acts 4:13
“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.” Acts 4:13
3. In your Relationship: let your light shine in your relationships with others, your friends, family and colleagues. As a believing believer you exemplary model of relationship will be envied and drawing unbelievers to Christ, don’t hit your wife for any reason, speak positive words to your children, speak positive words to your wife,
Husband love your wife, I like how Paul writes it in Ephesians 5:25-28
“Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ’s love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They’re really doing themselves a favor—since they’re already “one” in marriage.”
Ephesians 5:25-28 MSG
4. In your speech: Think about your words, how do you talk? You should be different in your words, your words should speak life not take it. We should speak positive words to ourselves and those around us. Prophesy upon your life not cause. Don’t be found causing rather excel in your words.
5. In your Giving: The best way to get people to Christ is to give to them to solve a problem.
“There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.”
Proverbs 11:24 KJV
Giving is the fastest way to win souls, give to them. Don’t pray for their financial needs when you can meet them, someone is hungry and you are praying for food to come when you have food to give them. Surprise then with your givings, they will come themselves to you to show them the way .
And more so giving is the surest way to increase wealth
“He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.”
Proverbs 28:27 KJV
My dear friends, let your light so shine before men.
Yours in success
Author: Victor Adeyemo
Victor Adeyemo is a Leadership and high performance coach, an Event decorator and MC. He is the team leader of Leaders Digest