Thanks for staying tuned till day 4/7 on the series.
- Underachievers: I would rather try nothing great and succeed than try something great and risk failure.
- Achievers: I would rather try something great and fail than try nothing great and succeed.
Where do you belong?
Six (6) traps that make people back away from Risk
- The Embarassment Trap: not wanting to look bad.
- The Rationalization Trap: people caught in this trap second-guess everything, they do, and as they prepare to do something, they say to themselves “maybe it’s really not that important”. But the truth is, if you wait long enough, nothing is important. Des fifth rule of Procastination.
- The unrealistic expectation Trap: for some reason many people think everything in life should be easy, and when that find out that achievement takes effort, they give up, but success takes hard work.
- The fairness Trap: the feeling of entitlement. Feeling life isn’t fair to you. “Life is difficult” “life isn’t fair”. It isn’t going to be fair. Get up, and get hard.
- The timing Trap: some people tend to think that ere is a perfect time to do everything-and this isn’t it. “Don’t wait for all light to be green before you leave the house.if you wait for perfect timing, you will wait forever” Jim Stovall . “There is nothing so fatiguing as the eternal hanging of an uncompleted task” William James
- The Inspiration Trap: Many people want to wait for inspiration before they are willing to step out ( it doesn’t have to be #deep to start) and take risk.
Quotable quotes on failing forward
” you don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” John Maxwell
“The difference between an amateur writer and a professional writer Is that the amateur writes when He feels like while the professional writes regardless” Oscar Wilde
“When you get an insight or inspiration, do something about it in 24 hours- or the odds are against you ever acting on it” Bill Gates
“If you are succeeding in everything you do, then you’re probably not pushing yourself hard enough. And that means you are taking enough risks” John Maxwell
“The willingness to take greater risk is a major key to achieving success” John Maxwell
“The things which hurt,instructs” Benjamin Franklin
“Your attitude towards failure determine your altitude after failure” John Maxwell
“A winner knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others. A loser wants to be considered an expert by others before he has learned enough to know how little he knows” Sydney Harris